We were both really hungry by now and were trying to decide what to eat. While we were walking, Tom got a call from work that he needed to take.
Soon we were on our way again, and made our way into Canada.
I had wanted to take the kids some candy from each country, so we stopped into the shop there to look around. We thought these soaps were hilarious!
I wish I had bought some. I did end up buying some maple fudge, though.
We continued on our walk and took some more pictures in the UK.
Tom was pretending to talk with his boss!
Sarah wanted a tea set from the UK, and I wanted to take my time to look for one, so we skipped shopping there for now.
On into France.
We were getting really hungry, so the pictures and shopping were dropped!
When we got to Morocco, I remembered how good the food at Tangierine Café had looked. So we stopped to eat lunch there. There was no one else around, so we had no wait. I got:
Mediteranean Sliders Combo - three pita pockets - lamb, chicken and falafel with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumber and Tahini sauce served with Lentils, Hummus and Tabouleh
Oh my gosh, this was so incredibly delicious! I especially enjoyed ripping off pieces of the pita and using it to eat the hummus. Mmmm…
Tom got:
Lamb Wrap - served with Tangierine CousCous salad and Lentil salad
Tom really enjoyed this as well. He loved, loved, loved the lentil salad!
We both got Cokes (Tom’s diet) and baklava for dessert. I consider myself a baklava connoisseur, and this was some awesome baklava!
This meal would have cost $35.96, but we used two CS credits.
We had chosen to sit at a table outside and eat under the umbrella. It was so nice to chat and watch people walk by.
Tom saw this couple walk by and said, “Hey, that looks like Mr. and Mrs. ____ (my parents’ former next door neighbors).” By the time I turned to look, they were gone. About 10 minutes later, they were coming back from the other direction. Tom was urging me to go over and say hi. I am soooo not outgoing and it took every bit of courage I had to walk over and say hi. Well, as I got close I could tell it definitely was not them, but I was committed. They had seen me approaching. So I played it all cool and said, “Hi, is your name ____?” They said, “No,” and kept walking. I was so embarrassed!
When I got back to the table, Tom was laughing hysterically. He said that as soon as I left the table he realized it wasn’t them, but he didn’t want to make a scene by calling me back over.
So we finished up lunch and continued on our way around World Showcase. It had gotten a little chillier, so I had to put on my sweater.
We got to Japan.
I looked around in the shop here for some candy, but didn’t see anything I thought the kids would like. When we walked back out, the drummers were out, so we stopped to listen.
They were so impressive! If I could have sat down, I would have liked to stay and listen a little longer.
Coming up…America and the highlight of my Epcot day…
No comments:
Post a Comment