Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thursday, December 10

Well, departure day was finally here. Our flight wasn't until 3:33, so Tom went in to work for a half day. I had cleaned the house the day before, but hadn't packed a single thing! So after I got the kids off to school, I spent the morning doing one last load of laundry and packing. I was done by 11:00 and was so antsy I couldn't stand it. I should have planned lunch with a friend or something, but I had been afraid I would have too much to do.


Raven could tell we were leaving and she was really sad. Here are some pictures I took before we left.

002

003


Tom finally got home and we loaded up the van and left for the airport.

002

004

Traffic was light, and we made it to the airport in about 15 or 20 minutes.

005

007

We were only checking two bags, so Tom dropped me at the terminal and then went to park the van. A shuttle bus was waiting for him and he was back pretty fast. While I was waiting, I took this picture of the security line. After I took it, I realized that I probably broke some law!

008

When it was our turn to go through security, we greeted the TSA official and asked her how she was doing. She commented that it was so nice to have someone pleasant come through her line. C'mon, people...it takes more energy to be grumpy than pleasant!

Here we are waiting for our plane. Tom had surprised me and upgraded us to business class!

009

011

015

It's time to board!

017

To be continued...

No comments: