Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thursday, December 10 (cont.)

So when I left off, we had settled into our room. Our plan was to take a bus to Magic Kingdom and then the monorail to Contemporary. We were going to eat at the Contempo Café and then go over to the Wilderness Lodge to see the Christmas decorations. However, I was really exhausted and asked Tom if he minded if we changed the plans. Tom was fine with that, so we decided to just explore the Pop and eat there in the food court.

As we left our room, we were trying to figure out the quickest way to get back to Classic Hall. A man passed us with four refillable mugs and asked us if we needed help. We enjoyed a nice chat with him as we walked to the main building. Everyone we came in contact with (guests and CMs) were so friendly!

I had seen menus and pictures on-line, so I pretty much knew what I wanted to eat. Tom didn’t have any idea and was blown away by the selection. I got the Chicken Penne Alfredo; it came with a soft breadstick. For my dessert I got the Tie-Dyed Cheesecake and for my drink I got a Java Monster to save for the next morning. We were both amazed that we could get the Monster drinks, since they were $3.99 each!

069

Tom got the Shrimp Lo Mein. For his dessert he got the Carrot Cake and for his drink he got a Vitamin Water to save. The total for this meal would have been ~$34.00, but we used 2 CS credits.

068
We both were very impressed with the portion sizes and quality of the food. Everything was delicious! Tom had to help me finish, though, because I was still too excited to eat.

After we ate, we decided to explore a little more. Unfortunately, I only have one picture. Oops!

070

On our way back to the room, I wanted to find the Lady and the Tramp statue. I absolutely adore that movie, and really wanted to see the huge icon. I was pretty sure it was in the 50’s section, but we stopped a CM to make sure. He listened and looked at us as we inquired and then struggled to find the words to answer us. Finally, he just said, “I’m sorry, I don’t know how to say that in English.” We thanked him anyway and just headed back to the room.

Our luggage still hadn’t been delivered yet, and I really wanted to get my park bag put together before bed, so we just lounged around and watched some TV. I ended up dozing while Tom flipped the channels. Sometime around midnight the luggage finally got delivered. At that point I was too tired and decided I would just get up a little early to unpack and get things together.

Our plan for the next day was to get to Epcot for rope drop at 9:00am, so I set the alarm for 6:45am. I wanted to be able to “snooze” a few times before I had to get up.

Coming up next…Epcot!

No comments: