Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I had a really hard time coming up with a title for this report. Here are some of the contenders:


I'm Sorry. I Don't Know How To Say That In English
Why Do The Oblivious Get The Right-Of-Way?
Recession? What Recession???
Sit Down, Jared!
If You've Got It, Flaunt It
Hey Dad, My Hands Smell Like Stinky Feet!

This trip was just me (40) and DH, Tom (46).

158 nachi cocum beach club
This is me on our 2008 Disney Cruise.

09 rilynn, tom & presleigh
This is Tom holding our granddaughters.

Back in July I turned 40. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Last winter I told Tom that I wanted to go to Disney for my birthday, just us. We usually go away once a year without the kids, so that wouldn’t be a problem…telling them where we were going, though… He thought it was a great idea. I already knew I didn’t want to go for my actual birthday because of the heat, so it came down to Food & Wine or Christmas decorations. It was REALLY hard to decide. I knew if I went for F&W, I’d get to meet my trip report idol Brenda (oybolshoi), but going at Christmas time has always been a dream of mine. I priced it out and December was a few dollars cheaper, so we went with that.

We stayed at Pop from December 10 to December 14, non-hoppers with quick-service dining (got it free!). We also attended MVMCP on December 13.

My cousin Laurie came to our house to stay with Lee (15), Maggie (11), and our dog, Raven. Sarah Jo (13) went to stay with my parents.

Coming up, getting there...

No comments: