Tom caught a picture of me having an internal meltdown.
See, when we got to the turnstiles, people were lining up at only two of them. All of the other turnstiles were empty. As a DISer, I knew that they would all be opened. But I was feeling very self-conscious and didn’t want to just go over and get in line. A CM was walking among the crowd handing out maps, so I asked her if all the turnstiles would be used at opening. She just looked at me like I had three heads. I decided not to make a spectacle of myself and stayed put. Sure enough, as more and more people arrived, they began lining up at ALL the other turnstiles. I could have been first in line and blew it. So once again, I decided to let it go and just enjoy being there.
At 8:50, they let us through the turnstiles and up to the rope.
Guess what? I was right up against the rope! There were some really fun CMs there explaining what was going to happen when the rope dropped and how we were to WALK and not run. Then they introduced the “family of the day” and the characters came out to open the park. We all counted down from ten, and they rolled back the rope. We were off to the Land Pavilion to ride Soarin’!!!
I had already told Tom that the plan was for him to go and grab fastpasses and then we would ride stand-by. When we got there, the stand-by wait was 5 minutes. While I was waiting for him to get fastpasses, the wait went up to 10 minutes. It was taking him forever. It turned out that a lot of the machines weren’t working, and it took him several attempts before he was able to get the fastpasses.
Fastpasses secured, we jumped in line and never stopped walking until we got to the loading zone where you watch Puddy. We had several rides last trip in the front/center, so we decided to let some other lucky riders have those spots and just take whatever we were given. But, we were given front center!!!
I just love this ride and think it’s a great way to start the day. The pine smell, the oranges, the wind in your face. Aaaaahhh…. I vowed that I would not jump at the golf ball scene, but I did.
When we came out, the stand-by wait was up to 30 minutes, so we moved on. I wanted to get the biggie rides done in Future World and be at World Showcase by opening at 11am.
My poptart was long gone and Tom hadn’t had anything to eat yet, so we decided to use a snack credit and share some strawberry shortcake. The cost would have been $4.25.
I had seen the pictures on the DIS, and honestly had thought it looked kind of gross. But let me tell you, it was NOT gross. We were fighting each other for the last bite!
As we made our way back over to the escalators to exit the Land, I noticed that the wait time for Living With The Land was only 5 minutes. So why not ride?
I do not have a green thumb, but I am fascinated by this kind of stuff. I hope I don’t bore you with my pictures!
The fish farm was interesting, too!
My next goal was to head over to Mission: Space and get fastpasses.
However, when we got there, the wait for the Orange Team was only 20 minutes, so we jumped in line.
We definitely did not wait 20 minutes. It was more like 8.
It was a lot more intense than I remembered, or else I am just getting old. I loved every minute of it, but decided that once was enough. So we skipped getting any fastpasses for later.
Our next stop was Test Track. The single rider line was at 20 minutes, so we jumped in that line.
Again, we only waited about 12 minutes. Tom ended up getting put in the car right behind mine.
I knew I wanted to enter World Showcase from the Canada side, so it was back across Future World. Since we had to go that way anyway, we ran back into the Land Pavilion to grab another set of fastpasses for Soarin’.
Up next…World Showcase!
No comments:
Post a Comment