Little did I know I was about to get a huge treat! As we entered the building, I was looking for someone to ask about when the VOL would be coming out to sing. Just at that moment, who do I see coming out to sing, but the Voice of Liberty! AND….they are dressed as Dickens’ carolers!!!
I was so excited I could hardly stand it! All the little benches around the rotunda were already occupied, but I noticed that a bunch of adults and children were sitting on the floor, so I had a seat. Tom’s back can’t handle sitting on the floor, so he stayed back by the pillars. The narrator of the group invited everyone to come closer in order to hear better, and then they started singing Christmas carols. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard! I could have sat there for hours and just listened to them. What a talented group of people! They sang four or five songs, and when they were done I very reluctantly got up and we continued on our journey.
Right as we were exiting the building, we could hear the Fife and Drum Corps coming. They were fun to watch, too!
After they passed, we went into the Liberty Inn to see the gingerbread house.
We continued on, and as we were approaching Italy I decided it was time for an adult beverage. So we stopped at the Tutto Italia kiosk and I got a glass of Asti.
Tom took this picture while he was waiting for me.
I was fine with walking and drinking, but Tom insisted that we sit on a bench and do some more people watching. We had a great view of the Germany pavilion.
After my wine was finished, I need to do some shopping in Germany to get some more candy. This is what I ended up with.
Then Tom decided that before we left Germany, he should go ahead and get a delicious pretzel. Wow, that prezel was sooo good! It would have been $4.50, but we used a snack credit.
We snacked on the pretzel while we walked through the Outpost and made our way over to China.
We took some time to explore the gardens and then went inside to see the Tomb Warriors.
I don’t know why, but we didn’t stop in Norway and ended up in Mexico. It was time for another adult beverage…the Fiesta Margarita!
For some reason I don’t have a picture of it. I do know that by now it was getting quite chilly and when I saw the size I knew there was no way I was going to finish it. It was huge! But oh so good!
I sipped as we walked back toward the front of the park.
We were going back to the Pop for a nap, and then come back to Epcot for Illuminations.
As we were walking back toward the bus stops, I realized that our stop was the last one. It was a very long walk. I don’t think we waited too long, and before we knew it, we were back at the resort.
Tom took a few more pics on the way to our room.
Coming up…dinner and an evening in Epcot…
No comments:
Post a Comment