Thursday, January 7, 2010

Saturday, December 12 (cont.)

When I left off, we had just finished riding Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. Now, we made our way over to The Great Movie Ride.


062

063

064

085

We had tried to ride this in 2007, but the preshow scared the girls. So this was a first for both of us. There was no wait at all. I tried really hard to get some good shots inside the ride, but my camera sucks at dark pictures.

066

067

068

070

073

076

079

082
Next up was my only priority for today: the Beauty and the Beast show!!!

The timing had just never worked out for me to see this before, so I was thrilled to do it today. Once we were seated, we had a short wait for the show started.

086

It was about this time that I noticed that the rash on the back of my hands was getting worse and was starting to itch more. Before long, the show started. I went a little picture crazy here, so hopefully I don’t bore you.

090

091

093

095

096

099

101

104

107

112

122

124

129

132

135

139

141

145

147

148

151

157

160
I loved it, and was so grateful that Tom was willing to sit through it with me.

I wanted to check out the Animation Studio next. On our way over, we walked through one of the shops.

163

164

165

166

167
We got over to the Animation area and had a bit of trouble figuring out where we were supposed to go for the drawing class. But we eventually found it and had to wait about 15 minutes. I sat and relaxed while Tom answered some work emails.

168

We were second in line when the doors opened and got the front row of desks that have tables (you don’t have to hold the tablet in your lap).

169
The instructor we had took a really long time deciding what character we were going to draw. It seemed really important to him that no one in the class have to draw something they had already drawn. That’s fine, but most of the people in our class had already done it several times, and it was hard to find something no one had done. It finally game down to Tigger. Tom and I were thrilled, because we love the Pooh characters!

The instructor did a great job of breaking the drawing down into tiny steps so that you could follow along and do a halfway decent job. I have absolutely no artistic ability, but somehow walked out of there with a drawing I was pleased with.

Here is mine…

170

Here is Tom’s…

171
Tom’s is definitely better, but I think mine is pretty good.

Here is our instructor, in case of you have ever had him.

173
On the way out, we saw that the Up characters were doing meet and greets. I briefly considered getting in line, because I adore that movie, but the line was pretty long, so I just grabbed some random shots.

175
We were both starving by now, so we headed over to Pizza Planet. On the way, I took a picture of the wait time for TSM.

176

Up next…lunch and more Hollywood Studios…

No comments: