Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sunday, December 13

When I left off, we had just tucked ourselves into bed in anticipation of our Magic Kingdom day. It was also our last full day in Disney. But, it was a day full of fun, as we had tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party that evening!


I had decided that I wanted to be there by rope drop today for two reasons: 1) It would be critical to come back for a nap, since the party didn’t end until midnight. By getting there for rope drop, we could fit a lot into our morning. 2) I just love the opening show and really wanted to see it!

We were up, showered, and ready to leave the room by 7:55. I ate my Mickey rice crispy treat from the evening before while Tom got ready. I am very particular about my rice crispy treats: they have to be fresh (meaning soft, not hard), and they have to be homemade. I didn’t have a whole lot of confidence that this was going to be any good, but boy was I wrong! That thing was sooo delicious!!!

When I opened the door to leave the room, the “envelope of shame” was hanging on our door handle. I turned to Tom and said, “Look, it’s the envelope of shame…” He was so upset and wanted to know what we had done wrong. I got a good laugh and explained to him that it was simply our Magical Express info for the following day.

It was already pretty warm out at 8am, and we noticed that the water jets around Goofy and his car were running. So we snapped a picture.

001

002
First order of business for me was to stop into Everything Pop and see if I could buy some hydrocortisone cream. My hands were so bad, and the sores were raw from me rubbing and scratching (even though I tried really hard not to). Thankfully they had the cream, and it didn’t cost me a fortune. It was $3.25 for a standard sized tube.

Once I applied a liberal coating to my hands, we made our way to the bus stop.

003
This picture was taken at 8:24am, so not bad for a 9:00 opening.

004
We would be attending this tonight!

005
The crowds didn’t seem too heavy.

006
I had purchased our party tickets online less than a week before we left home, so we needed to pick them up at will-call. I gave Tom the confirmation sheet and in no time he came back with these babies.

007
I asked Tom if he minded that we wait and not go through the turnstiles until after the opening show. I wanted to position myself right in the center of the train station, far enough back to see everything. When we had been there in 2007, we ended up squished in a crowd very close to the tunnel, and I couldn’t see much. He didn’t mind at all, so we parked ourselves on the concrete flower bed that sits right between the two sets of turnstiles and the wrought iron railing. Once the show started, I was able to stand up and not block anyone’s view. I took a few pictures while I waited.

008

010

011
Aren’t the decorations so beautiful?

The show is beginning!

013

014

015

022
I was so excited to be here! I love all of the parks, and I really fell in love with Hollywood Studios on this trip, but Magic Kingdom is the place where I feel like a kid again. It’s the place where it’s OK for me to get excited about princesses and big furry dogs and loveable mice.

Like this one!

023
Here is the lucky family who was chosen to open the park today.

025

028

030
Once the show was over, we quickly scanned our KTTW cards and walked in.

Up next...our Magical morning...

No comments: