Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sunday, December 13 (cont.)

When I left off, we had just entered Magic Kingdom. We saw this.


031
And this.

032
And this.

033
And this.

034
What a beautiful horse!

035
Going for a ride down Main Street!

036
We loved these toy soldiers.

037
Close ups of the tree.

038

039
And finally, my favorite princess’ castle!

040

041

042
I loved these light pole decorations!

043
Now that I had admired the decorations for a little bit, it was time to get some rides on! We did something unspeakable…WE SKIPPED FANTASYLAND!!! Can you believe it? Instead, we headed straight to TomorrowLand.

044

045
We wanted to experience the newly refurbished Space Mountain.

056

I was hoping and praying that it would be up and running, and it was! With only a 10 minute wait! Woo Hoo! The wait was so short, we didn’t even have time to play the new games that were installed along the queue. I did get some shots of them, though.

047
Next thing I knew were boarding our rocket (with padded seats, is that new?).

050
What a great ride! It felt much smoother and even a little longer, although I don’t know if it actually is. I think I laugh/giggled the whole way!

052
I took some time to get these shots on the way out.

053

054

055
We immediately got back in line, and this time asked if we could go to the left side to experience the other track. Tom decided to make a funny face for the picture.

058
After our second ride, we grabbed fastpasses for later and then headed to Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin.

059
It only had a 5 minute wait, so we jumped in line.

061

062

063
This was fun, but Tom got control of the joystick that spins the car and made it impossible for me to score many points!

066
We had no interest in Stitch’s Great Escape, so we decided to cut through the hub and head to Liberty Square. As were passing the rose garden, we saw a bunch of people gathered and walked over to the side of the bridge to see what was going on.

Penn (from Penn & Teller) was there with Stitch doing meet & greets!

067
We continued on, and headed to The Haunted Mansion.

069
It says a 10 minute wait, but we walked straight in to the stretching room without stopping.

068

Well, I did pause to get these photos.

070

071

072

073

074

075

076

077
That was the first time Tom and I got to ride together (usually we split up with the kids), so that was especially nice. As we left, I got these shots.

079

080

081
Next stop…Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

082
The posted wait time said 20 minutes, but it only took us about 11 minutes to make it to the loading zone. We asked if we could be in the back seat, and it wasn’t a problem. Yay!

However…as the people ahead of us were loading into the train…the ride broke down. The CMs had them sit in the train and had everyone in the “holding lanes” stay put while they evacuated the rest of the line. Once everyone was gone, they had the people in the train get out and exit the usual way, and we walked through the train to exit (if that makes sense).

In addition, we were given special fastpasses that were good for ANY ride in Magic Kingdom, and it didn’t expire until December 31!!!

084
This actually worked out really well, because our fastpass window had just opened up, and we had been trying to decide whether to get one for Big Thunder or Splash. Basically we could have both now!

So our next stop was Splash Mountain.

085
And get this…even though Big Thunder had broken down, the wait for Splash was only 5 minutes!!!

086
We were loving life right about now. It was only 10:46am and we had done so much! As we made our way to the loading area of Splash, we pulled out our ponchos and put them on. I wasn’t taking any chances of getting wet! We had an awesome ride and barely got splashed. Again, I put my hands up and enjoyed the ride even more! Check out the guy in front of me.

089
We were about ready to head out and get some lunch now, but not before I accomplished one more important thing…get a Dole Whip Float!!!

091
They turned the ice cream green! It was so strange to see the green color but still taste the pineapple. Oh my, that hit the spot perfectly! Mmmm…They would have been $8.50, but we used 2 snack credits.

We took our time strolling out and stopped in the Emporium to do some shopping. We were able to get a lot, since the store was virtually empty! Here’s what we got:

For Presleigh:

142
For Lee:

090
For Sarah:

102
For my van:

134
For Maggie:

099
For Sarah:

107
For Maggie:
097

And the best part! They were having the same special here, where you buy $40 or more and you get the blanket for $15.95. However…the blanket here was different! This time, it was a polar fleece of the castle with the twinkly icicle lights. So soft and pretty! We got two!

138
One more picture on the way out…

092
Up next…lunch, a nap, and then party time!!!

No comments: