Friday, March 5, 2010

Monday, December 14

When I left off, we had finished up the MVMCP and gone to bed for the last time on this trip. Magical Express wasn’t picking us up until 3:00, so we had a good part of the day to do something. Originally I had thought about going to Animal Kingdom, but earlier in the trip we decided to just spend the day at Downtown Disney.


We got up, showered, and started packing up the room. That was quite an adventure! I thought we had left enough room in our suitcases for souvenirs, but as we started packing, I was convinced we weren’t going to be able to do it. Several times, I offered to go to Everything Pop and pick up another carryon. Somehow, though, Tom managed to get everything into the bags we had. He’s amazing at that kind of stuff!

We took one last look around the room and then left for the last time. We made our way over to Classic Hall and then outside to the desk where you check in your bags for the airline. We were also able to leave our carryons there until Magical Express came for us. With that done, we took our mugs and the Main Street Bakery cinnamon roll into Everything Pop and had ourselves a nice breakfast.

002
While we ate, Tom took care of a few work-related calls and I people watched. Then we rinsed our mugs, stashed them in the backpack, and went out to the bus stop. There was a bus waiting for us, and in no time at all, we were at Downtown Disney.

005

006

007

008
Our first stop was the Design-a-Tee shop.

009

Tom loves the show “Phineas and Ferb” and really wanted a Perry the Platypus shirt. We had looked all over Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios but were unable to find any. We thought maybe he could design one here; however, they also had nothing for us.

We continued on, taking some pictures as we went.

010

011

012

014
Next, we went into Pin Traders.

017

016

015

I picked out two pins to remind me of our trip.

126

125
Next we went into Once Upon A Toy.

018
I had wanted to fill a box with Mr. Potato Head parts for our granddaughter, but we were really disappointed with the selection. Everything was picked over, and we decided to skip it.

I glanced into TrenD was afraid to go in!

019
Next stop was Team Mickey.

020
We picked out a tshirt for Lee and a cute tote bag for Sarah.

093

108
Next we went into World of Disney.

021

022

023
Here’s what we got there.

For Maggie:
095

096

For Rilynn (granddaughter):
148

For me:
147

Now is a good time to tell you that we have a Disney Visa and for the last year (since our October 2008 cruise) I had been using the card to pay for just about everything (and paying it off at the end of the month) except our mortgage so that I could accumulate points. By the time we went on this trip, we had $715 in points!!! We used them to pay for the MVMCP, my adult beverages, and our souvenirs. So anyway, when we paid at World Of Disney, after our Visa discount and the rest of our reward points, we paid $15. It was the first “real” money we had spent so far, so that was pretty amazing!

We were pretty hungry by this point, and I really wanted to try Wolfgang Puck Express, so we headed over that way.

025
There is a bathroom right outside the restaurant, so I headed in there to wash my hands. You can’t really tell how sore they were, but here is a picture of the rash on my hands.

024
Next up…lunch and the rest of our day…

No comments: