I had heard some many good things about this place on the DIS, that we just had to try it. Last trip we tried Earl of Sandwich and loved it, but we were excited to try something new to us. We got to WPE right at 11am, and I’m pretty sure we were the first customers of the day! We ordered and got our drinks, then found a table. A server brought us our meal, refilled our drinks as needed, and then brought out dessert when we were ready.
Tom got the Rigatoni with Chicken Alfredo; it came with a Caesar salad.
I got the roasted vegetable pizza.
We shared both, and let me tell you…it was THE BEST MEAL OF OUR ENTIRE TRIP!!! It was soooo good. For dessert, Tom got chocolate frozen yogurt with strawberries.
I got crème brulee.
Before:
After:
Before tip, this meal would have cost us $40.15, but we were able to use 2 CS credits. Unbelievable! It was basically a table service meal for CS credits!
Remember when I said we were the first customers? Well, this was the line as we were leaving:
At this point, we still had 7 snack credits, so we headed over to Goofy’s to see what we could get to take home.
Look at this huge bird we saw!
Tom found a shady spot to sit and answer emails, and I went into Goofy’s. I was really excited, because I remembered how good the create-your-own station was.
I knew that they had made changes to what was allowed for a snack credit, so I waited in the short line and asked the CM. She told me that my ONLY options were a stick of marshmallows that could be dipped in chocolate but NO toppings or a Mickey gingerbread cookie (again only chocolate, no toppings) which would be TWO credits! What??? I was so disappointed. But I pushed it aside and filled out my form to get three sticks of marshmallows dipped in milk chocolate. Then she tells me that they are out of milk chocolate. Are you serious? How can a candy store be out of milk chocolate??? So I thank her and told her nevermind. Before I left to go find Tom, I took a few more pictures.
Then we hopped a bus back to Pop for the last time. We got back around 12:45 and had until 3:00 before our ME back to the airport. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and we were both exhausted, so we grabbed lounge chairs by the Hippy Dippy Pool and settled in for a nap. First, though, I wanted to try the Tangerine Dream I had heard so much about.
It was delicious, but very strong. I couldn't drink the whole thing.
While I was sipping on my drink, Tom walked around getting pictures of the icons we hadn’t seen yet. And he got a picture of my Lady!!!
He got back, set the alarm on his Blackberry for 2:30, and we both fell asleep. We even got our mid-day nap on our last day!
When the alarm went off, we headed back into Everything Pop to use our last CS credit and our remaining snack credits. We got a Double Cheeseburger meal to share.
Tom used 2 of the snack credits to get a fruit bowl and a Mickey bar.
I used 3 of the remaining snack credits to get Mickey rice krispie treats for the kids.
The last 2 credits were used to get bags of nuts for the plane ride home, although we ended up not eating them until a few days later.
We did a little more exploring in the lobby before heading out to Magical Express.
(My mom had these canisters when I was a kid.)
(Tom and I have this game.)
While we were waiting to get our carry-ons, we did our best “sad to be leaving” faces.
Tom said my face is pitiful, but that’s how I was feeling!
A few more pictures as the bus is pulling out.
And then the most depressing picture ever…
Our flight home was uneventful and the kids and dog were beyond excited to see us.
Up next…final thoughts…
1 comment:
I am really sad your explanation of your Diseny trip is over. I had alot of fun reading it. I am thinking about making my own blog now. :)
Caroline
Post a Comment